Validation of the European patent
In order to obtain effective protection of the invention in Poland, for which a European patent was granted, the applicant is obliged to submit to the Polish Patent Office the translation of said patent into Polish, within 3 months from the date of publishing the mention of the grant by EPO (usually B1). Our clients are offered comprehensive support in relation to validation of European patents (and representation before the Polish Patent Office) including:
- preparation of professional translations,
- timely filing of documentation required in the validation procedure at the Polish Patent Office, including fees,
- registering changes of applicant’s details within the validation procedure,
- obtaining provisional protection,
- obtaining records of licence,
- preparation and submission of amended translations after opposition procedure or limitation of the patent by EPO.
We co-operate with translators providing technical translations from English, German and French.